Thursday, March 20, 2014

If You Like Your Soul You Can Keep Your Soul. Period.



Not recently, the President of the United States, Baroken Obama (I hope I spelled that right) told us a few times if we liked our healthcare plan we could do something with it.  I think he mentioned we could keep it. I'm not sure.  I'd have to go back and re-watch the 60+ times he said it to be sure. But that's old news (according to liberal sources) and that's not really fair using his own words to re-inforce my own ideology.  What is my ideology(?) you may ask?  Well, it's simple.  I like having a soul.  Now, before you get your tutu all wrinkled, let me explain.  I've noticed that some of you feel that my little rants through this post can be a little one sided. And that's true.  It's my side of things.  For decades, with little opposition, the liberal view of politics and the ideology of the three big networks - NBC, ABC, and CBS were able to spew their poison in any direction they choose.  Then a new beast reared its poisonous head to do battle with the existing powerhouse and we saw the creation of a "fair and balanced" network called Fox.  The audiences began to dwindle for the big three.  Others cropped up to spew their poisonous venom as well.  Cable news networks became abundant across the land and new heroes were born.  John Stewart. Bill Maher. Heck, now we have little Jimmy "the" Fallon hob nobbin with the greats like Michelle "eats them veggies" Obama.  The airwaves are full of regulated unregulated nonsense coming at us in all directions.  News networks and cable shows run 24/7 spewing out as much hate and rhetoric as you could possibly want.  And now, thanks to Al "the god" Gore, and his invention of the internet, even guys like me can ramble on.  And people like you, who still want to read even more, take the time to read these posts.  You are a hearty group of lads and lasses.  Recently, one comment came through my internet to inform me that I can be a little one-sided in my writing.  I am, I suppose.  I have a tough time giving one second of one minute of rationale to that which goes against my very being.  To see the other side seems to be useful only in crafting our individual argument against the opposing view.  To rationalize it, or give time to opposition, has been playing out for so long and we swim in it.  My opinion is un-apologetically, and irrevocably, mine.  It is what it is. And I do what I do.  And the time for apologizing for trying to make some common sense out of the refuse that gets thrown in every direction left on the train bound for political correctness has long departed.  Here's the thing - this is war.  For many of you the old cliche's and arguments have become so integrated into your movies, music, and television shows that you aren't seeing how much of a casualty you really are.  In your heart you know certain things are just wrong. But you listen to that intellectual, who just happens to portray some buffoon in the recent blockbuster, and you think - well, maybe they have a point.  But deep inside of you there is a wee' bit of common sense shouting from deep within yelling obscenities at you to prevent the total collapse of your soul.  You yearn for all the nonsense to end but you have this overwhelming desire to be "entertained".  Life is hard and we need our escapes.  We build and we laugh.  We paint and we sing.  We just want the human side of ourselves to be human.  But we listen as well.  We watch that tear jerker of a movie that tells us, even though their lifestyle is an aberration and abhorrent in the eyes of the One we proclaim to be God, it is pretty sad they can't just marry and love each other.  Or we listen to some hard beating, rhythmic, profanity labeled rap or punk or in simple terms - junk, and we excuse the lyrics because the garbled message is cool and hip.  And somewhere deep inside you feel a little slice of your soul eerily screaming as it lays their in its own pool of morality and righteousness.   The worst part, of which I've been guilty just as much as you, is the quiet we share in.  "Let them talk their trash on the news shows.  What can I say?  What difference can I make?"  Without saying a word you're making all the difference in the world.  For the world isn't working so well right now is it?  The young slaughter each other in the streets while the parents work to make payments on the newest car or lightest ipad.  The old sleep in their own piss while someone who makes a dollar or more over minimum wage takes a smoke break before they have to get back in and continue to nurse your grandma in that nursing home.   We allow the horrendous to occur (and I'm just as guilty or even more guilty of these sins) because we just can't fight what the world has made us.  The socially acceptable, anti-inflammatory, politically correct, weak, ego and pride-driven, clueless, well-informed by the propagandists, socially decayed empty husks of humanity we have become.  I guess I try to see everything and try to understand it and then try to put it into my own words because I'm sick of being sick of it.  My words and opinions try to make sense of the reality and I really can't accept the acceptance.  I inherently know, deep within, that my world isn't simple.  And I can see too much.  And I just have to punch those letters on the keyboard.  I can't be silent.  My fingers can't be still.  I like my soul and I want to keep it.  Period.  My name is Rueuhy and I approve this blog.  Email me at rueuhy@gmail.com to tell me how wrong I am.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment