Monday, May 6, 2013

Google + is not for me (Or "Why I don't believe in Iron Man")

There are a few of you that secretly put on your Iron Man costumes this weekend and went to the opening weekend of Iron Man 3 - the latest installment of the Marvel Comics franchise that has no connection whatsoever with Pixar. This is why Toy Story 4 - Woody's Revenge trailer did not even premiere. Because honestly, who needs to see a toy come to life when we can watch a full size adult in a costume become a sonic boom master. I did not see this latest installment of the Tony Stark trilogy for several reasons. I washed my hair Thursday night and once it gets wet it takes forever for it to dry. Friday night my car wouldn't start and I dropped my cell phone in the toilet so calling a cab and watching a movie were the least of my concerns. Saturday I was napping all day. I spent the previous night in a frantic search for an all-night AT&T store to replace my phone but there doesn't seem to be one in a thousand mile radius of my house. And I was attempting this on foot because my car wouldn't start. So Saturday I was pretty exhausted. Saturday night my phone finally dried out in the box of rice I had it sitting in but now there seems to be a lack of reception when I make a call. Also, someone stole my car which is a real inconvenience for me and now I have to walk on foot to the AT&T store to find out why I'm getting no reception on my phone. Sunday morning, after walking a 1/2 hour to get to the movie theater I discovered that they don't start movies until after 4pm on the last Sunday of odd numbered months. I still don't understand this policy buy who am I to question the genius of the entertainment field. After walking back to the spot where I last saw my car I discovered I was on the wrong street and my car was actually parked one block over. Suddenly I was really in no mood to watch Iron Man 3 or even go to AT&T. Also, I left my lights on and my battery was dead. This is why I really hate batteries and extension cords. If your battery goes dead and you put the charger on it seems likely you will always need an extension cord. Now extension cords, in and of themselves, are not evil by nature. But I do have a theory they were created by Satan or one of his evil dominion and have caused untold spiritual corruption since the first time someone attempted to untangle one. It's just a theory but I do feel a sense of dread and evil every time I use one. And I really don't appreciate the profanity I hear coming from myself when I'm trying to untangle them. But I digress... Sunday afternoon was spent at home watching the original Iron Man and really starting to wish I had skipped washing my hair Thursday. So I dozed off and I awoke to the sound of a small explosion down the street. This did not play well with my subconscious so soon after watching Iron man. I looked out my front door and the neighborhood was surrounding my car. I hate positive and negative terminals on batteries and the effects of misconnecting the cables from a charger. Now I really wish it had been stolen. So, the movie was out for me Sunday as well. What really startled me was the comments I started seeing from strangers on my Google + app on my phone. Perfectly unknown strangers were commenting on my misfortune about how stupid I was with comments such as "Two negatives don't add up to one positive unless your positively sure about hooking up your charger cables wrong on your car battery" and things like "Hey, two battery cables go in a bar but are hooked up wrong and their dates get pregnant and explode" or this was my favorite "why did the car battery cross the road? To get away from a wrong connection so it won't blow up." I'm not saying they were unoriginal or unfunny but really? Really? That's what Google + is for? So I'm done with extension cords and Google +. Who needs the aggravation when you're walking to work. My name is Rueuhy and I approve this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment