Sunday, September 15, 2013

Blatantly Honest

The funniest moments I have seem to be when I'm alone.  Which is really okay but I don't get to share them as they're happening.  For instance, and I'm just being blatantly honest with you, I'm alone at the house right now.  I've actually been sick the past few days and my head felt like it would explode but it didn't, did it?  So, I'm sitting in the bathroom looking at this funny app on my phone.  (Admit it, a high percentage of people look at their phones on the toilet but feel no need to mention that when they return a text or return an email.)  So, after awhile, I remembered where I was and decided it was time to leave my porcelain refuge and I noticed my butt had fallen asleep.  I just wandered if this has happened to anyone else?  It reminded me of that woman who spent years trapped in the bathroom and her boyfriend didn't know what to do so he kept bringing her food and flushing for her.  She was big.  The medics had to remove her with the seat stuck to her bum. That's kinda sad but it makes me wonder if she just had a really good app on her phone and she just lost track of time and just got stuck.  I mean, who's responsible?  Is she?  Is the maker of the phone?  Is the app designer responsible?  Who gets the medical bills?  Are the taxpayers gonna foot the bill?  So, that part of the post is really kinda sad.  But what I thought was funny a few minutes ago was the thought of the different ways to realize someone has left.  We get used to people and the way they leave their mark on our lives and then one day they're gone.  Like, remembering what it feels like to see the chrome in your tub drain because there's no hair covering it up.  Or seeing the good stuff in the fridge because no one has eaten it when they got home from school.  Or finding the seat left up on the toilet just the way you intended to leave it for next time.  It's funny the things people do that you just don't even think about.  But you love them and you'll miss those things.  The marks people leave on your life are some of the greatest gifts we have.  And when you do think of something funny, and you find it so funny you actually snort out loud, you want someone to share it with.  And that's life in a nutshell.  We know we're alive if we need to share those things. Even those who find it their lot in life to be confined in some prison or cage still need to hear someone answer back when they ask "Hello, is anyone out there?".  It's our most basic need.  To know someone will answer.  And we don't need constant companionship all the time but we need to know they'll be back.  The greatest feeling after an argument with someone is to know they'll return.  You might still be angry and you might wish they would never come back but deep down inside you'll always want to hear the car pull in or the phone ring.  Something.  Because that's who we are.  We can go hungry.  We can go thirsty to a point.  We can suffer pain and cruelty.  But we do need to know someone will answer our call in the darkness.  Because the dark is never really as bad when there are two of you.  So, it all boils down to this - it may upset you when you notice certain things that may seem to make life tougher for you at home or at work. They might drive you crazy.  But it'll never be as bad as not having them.  For most of us we might have that occasional thought that life would be better if "they" weren't here.  If we didn't have to fight about certain things or have to ignore those things that others do that get on our nerves so bad.  But, if you can, imagine they are no more.  Imagine that sweetheart not there.  Or that child gone.  And no one to answer "yes" when you yell out "hello?".  Maybe it's not as bad as you think.  Maybe it's the best part of life.  My name is Rueuhy and I approve this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment