Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Religion Religiously

I've been feeling pretty good lately.  My left thumbnail is pretty much completely gone and the hernia hasn't healed itself but I digress ... This morning, waking up a little early, two hours in fact, I read my new emails from the night on my phone and saw that I have a new comment from WordPress so I excitedly opened it up.  And the comment was positive!  And they wanted my advice!!  From me!!!  Unfortunately they didn't have a paypal account set up and I had no way to receive their fee so I had to let it go unanswered.  I guess poverty affects everyone.  In all honesty I did answer their question to the best of my ability and I just mailed the bill.  But back to my original thoughts - I have been feeling pretty good lately.  Now, a little history on me just to set up the rest of this post - I normally don't take any medication with the exception of ibuprofen when the aches just won't go away.  I take a vitamin c (1000 mg) and a multi-vitamin everyday.  I also rinse my mouth out every morning with apple cider vinegar before I brush my teeth.  "Yuck" you say?  Well, let me be clear on this, vinegar is a natural enemy to bacteria.  It also helps clean.  So in my humble perfect opinion apple cider vinegar is a really good thing.  Even ingesting a little everyday is a good thing.  Now, I'm no medical expert but I'm over 120 years old and if it works it works.  So let's not argue about it.  I hate it when we fight.  Anyway, that's my health plan.  A few vitamins and establishing a killer immune system.  I really don't get sick.  I've been legally taking vitamin c for a decade now, every morning, and I'll get the sniffles in the winter time but that's about the extent of my sicknesseseses.  Let the white blood cells do their thing and give 'em a little self-confidence.  I do get injured quite a bit from my job with cuts and smashed fingers and the occasional hernia but that's to be expected.  But this week I have felt really good and I think a lot of that has to do with my spiritual aspect.  I have a theory, of sorts, but it's not really a theory.  It's more of an idea.  If you didn't know I'm a fan of God.  I know my writing doesn't reflect this all the time but I am.  If this offends you ( I don't see why it would but it's possible) then pretend I'm just giving a speech or something.  Anyway, for the past couple of weeks I've played contemporary christian music non-stop on my radio in the van.  Also, in my shop, I have had the radio play 24/7 tuned to a contemporary christian music station.  And it's made a difference.  I've noticed that things that have been bothering me have calmed down in my head.  I've felt less stress.  I have been able to read the news stories and not become ballistic with some stories.  Overall, even sore from work and exhausted from high humidity levels and the hot sun cooking me while working outside, I feel calm.  Peaceful.  There is a direct correlation between a healthy spirit and the physical side.  At least from what I can see.  I have really been trying to draw closer to Him and my life may not be totally different but my approach to it is.  For many years I have held to the belief that religion and spirituality are sometimes distant cousins who meet up at family reunions to re-quaint themselves.  You can do the same routine (religion) but never really feed your spirit (spirituality).  And I'm really not an expert on this but it's just my observation.  I do believe (for those of us who are "religious") that the fundamental belief in a God is just that - a belief.  There is the obstacle of fortitude in that belief that trips up most of us.  To believe is to be on the same level as the demons themselves.  Who would belief come to easier than those who despise their creator?  Actual communication and building up the relationship is vital to having a closeness with Him.  At least that's my take on it.  I know some of you don't believe.  I know some of you believe and that's the extent.  The only thing I mean to relay with these words is just my perspective of the past few weeks.  I'm a christian.  Maybe not a great one but I personally lay claim to what that entails.  If you're not I know that my words may effect your opinion of me or it may not matter one iota to you. But I really have felt peaceful these past few days and I do feel closer to God.  And I don't consider it a religion thing.  I consider it a spiritual thing.  My name is Rueuhy and I approve this blog,

No comments:

Post a Comment