Friday, June 7, 2013

Cat Shopping

In an isolated section of the mall, downstairs by the restrooms, there is a little known store called The Cat Shop. As I was coming out of the restroom (that's a funny name - restroom, cause sometimes I just feel really exhausted after an episode) I noticed this little store. The Cat Shop looked like any ordinary pet store until I realized it was much more. The KSR's as they call themselves were really excited to see me. As I looked at the name tags I noted the CSR was printed as KSR. Curiosity got the best of me and I just had to ask. "What's the KSR stand for?" With a quirky smile the teenager blurted out Kitty Service Representative. A small part of my sanity was yelling out at me "Run" but I was still curious. "Kitty Service Representative? How cute?" She smiled (that quirky little smile again) and began doing the choreographed hand and arm wave from television game shows 30 years ago. "We have kitties and cats from all over. Is there anything in particular you're looking for?" Another part of my sanity was now yelling at the first part. "I told you to run but do you ever listen to me?" "Well, maybe if you had more entertaining and interesting things to say besides 'run' maybe I would!!" I was slowly backing up to the front door when another super-friendly KSR jumped in between to block my exit. "Sir, we do have over thirty varieties to choose from. And we just got a very cute one in trade yesterday." Somewhere I was questioning everything in life but I couldn't quite grasp the concept of "trade in" in this new dimension of reality. "Trade?", I asked. "Yes sir, we have a new, revolutionary concept here at the Cat Shop. When you get tired of your old cat you can simply bring it in with it's medical history and we'll figure out a trade-in credit towards the purchase of your new kitten or slightly used purchase." Another piece of my sanity was yelling at the other two now. "Should of held it 'til you got home. Now we're in big trouble." It all came back to the bathroom. It always does. I started to glance around more carefully and I noticed the shelving with cats just sitting there. "How do you keep them sitting there so calm and relaxed?", I asked. "We use a mild form of sedatives which are totally safe for your little investment." She smiled that winning cutesy smile and continued the sales pitch. "Most of the older models were previously purchased through this store and our customers are so satisfied that they continue to buy from us. We do a lot of repeat business with a lot of satisfied customers." A cold chill worked it's way from my neck down to the bottom of my spine as I started to read the identification sales stickers. Whiskers - a previously owned two year old that loves to frolic on the carpet and occasionally sneaks in under the kitchen sink cabinet. All shots up to date and no history of fleas or worms. Comes with one-year warranty and discounted to sell. Hurry, this one will be gone fast. "Poor Whiskers." I thought. The first KSR saw my interest in Whiskers and quickly moved in for the sale. "Oh, do you want me to get him down so you can play a little? He's about due for another sedative but I can hold off if you want to try him out." As I ran from the store I could hear the KSR's yelling "We have others." but I didn't look back. I just couldn't. My name is Rueuhy and I approve this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment