Saturday, June 8, 2013

My best friend's girl friend's mother's housekeeper doesn't remember me

When I saw the latest M. Night Schimanlayan's directorial masterpiece several questions arose my suspicions in my suxpituous mind - Why? and Can he be stopped? And Why? and am I the only one in the theater? and I should have gotten a Sprite instead of a Coke but how can I notify the staff here in the theater without actually leaving my seat because I don't want to miss a good part because I've been waiting this long for a good part and surely something good will happen. So I sat and endured the whole movie. Now let me be clear on this - this is not the first movie I've seen this year. I've seen many movies this year. Some I laughed at and others I cried at. Not like sissy, woman crying but more like the manly type crying you see in the House of Representatives. I've laughed so hard at some scenes that I had to be removed for personal reasons and I've cried so hard that they had to bind me in a straight jacket until the credits. But this movie made me question my own insanity. Because if insanity starts to feel normal then how can you really enjoy it? The movie in question is called "After Earth" or in the latin "?XXD**##!!?! Will Smith". I didn't go in with a lot of hope and I left having to pay for a small dose to get me home without committing violence against myself. It was what the youngsters are calling "bad" nowadays. But, after speaking with one 15 year old I've come to understand it was actually quite good. I guess I went to the wrong theater again. But that happens quite a bit. This is the first time I've ever yelled "Oh the humanity!" while the credits were rolling. In fact, when I was leaving and the manager asked what I thought, I threw up on her and I said, "Kinda like that but without the popcorn kernels." They're always asking but this time I decided to be honest. And she was getting ready to go home anyway so she could clean up later. I used to be a fan of Will Smith before he had children. And I used to be a fan of M. Night Shimmylahanagan but now I'm not sure it's even legal to feel that way. So, the question arises on the length of a career of a movie star and the directors who feed their egos. Should N. Goodnight Shisthaleosquosis be given another movie at all and should Will Smith go to prison for this latest movie. I'm not sure. But I do know that I have the power and authority over whether or not I buy another ticket to a movie with their names associated with it. And that's the beauty of capitalism. Sometimes you don't have to yell fire in a crowded theater because it might be playing another Will Smith/M. Nightmare Shinanigans production. And the casualties will be held to a minimum. My name is Rueuhy and I approve this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment